English | Dutch

IKF Country Ranking - 2016 August

Dirk

IKF Country Ranking - 2016 August

Started by Dirk Replies (7)

As some of you may have already heard, IKF came up with August 2016 ranking. I am including it below. IKF mentions the following events as the ones contributing to the ranking:

IKF WKC, IKF U23 WKC, IKF Continental Championship, IKF Continental U21/23 Championship, IKF AOKC, IKF Asia U23KC, IKF University WKC & IKF European Bowl.

It is interesting (at least for me) that Belgium seems to have dropped from number 2 to number 4....

Enjoy!

• ida

By ida

Hello

I don't play Korfball but I saw it in activity. I see "Catalonia" as different country with Spain. WHY?

• Dirk

By Dirk

Hi Ida,

I really do not know about why IKF ranked Catalonia and Spain as separate countries. I am just the messenger. I think you should address your question with IKF, if you want a reply.

Dirk.

• Miriam

By Miriam

Once Belgium was one of the two countries where this sport was played and with the popularisation of the sport it has lost its place. I think the same will happen also with the Netherlands in sometime in the future. I wonder how long it will take before China tops the list?

• GeertJan

By GeertJan

About Catalonia; It is not the only one. Hong Kong, "Taipei" (for the rest of us: Taiwan), Macau, Aruba (part of the Netherlands), Curaçao (again part of the NL) and of course Scotland (part of UK) are also listed as countries. ,

So I think Catalonia should be considered in that context.

• ida

By ida

GeertJan, your example is WRONG. Taipei is a different country with China. Hong Kong and Macau came to China a couple years ago and with different SYSTEMS and there is border control with China,Hong Kong and Macau. Curacao and Aruba are colonies of Holland. They are not regions of Holland. Scotland is tradionally always different in sport.

Do you see any "Catalonia" team in football voleyball basketball and you say other sport? Maybe but NEVER with REAL international federations. IKF is fake!

SPAIN MUST BOYCOTT IKF!!!!!!!!

• Dirk

By Dirk

Hi people,

Sorry that the discussion went this way... Please let's stick to the sport...

Dirk.

• Rafael

By Rafael

Well, I think it is IKF which mounts politics into this beautiful sports. If IKF did not mingle sports with Catalan separatism , Ida would not have to oppose. By the way, I completely agree with Ida. I think Spain team must boycott IKF.

Korfball Network

Korfball Network

Networking group for Universities' Korfball teams, players.